Purpose of this policy
This policy describes how we collect and use personal data about you , in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act and any other national implementing laws, regulation and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Prime Disaster Response is a High Net worth Disaster Response company. Offering restoration services for fire and water damage.
Due to the nature of our business, we receive clients personal details in order for us to fulfil our client contract.
Times when we may use or share your data would be:
• For the purpose of restoration works eg. Furniture or artwork restorations
• For the purposes of removals
• To replace or repair fixtures and or fittings
• Plumbing or electrical works
• Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us.
• Notify you about any changes to our services
How we store your personal data
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
When assessing which retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
• The requirements of our business and the services provided
• Any statutory or legal obligations
• The purpose for which we originally have your personal data
• The lawful grounds on which we based our processing
• The types of personal data we have collected
• Whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Should you have any questions regarding this policy or need to make an access request, please contact our Data Protection Officer on 01923 693 717.
GDPR Statement of commitment to compliance
We take the protection of our client’s, policyholders & employees personal data very seriously, with the changes to the Data Protection legislation and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are compliant. For more information on the upcoming GDRP legislation, visit the ICO website at www.ico.org
Under our GDPR compliance programme we have
• Undertaken training for key stakeholders and members of staff at Prime Disaster Response Ltd
• Rolled out end user awareness training for our staff
• Completed a GDPR gap analysis
• Updated privacy statements and all other data protection policies
• Updated legal contracts to reflect GDPR introducing new clauses
• Created a data processor agreement for clients
• Completed a data mapping exercise
Prime Disaster Response takes data protection incredibly seriously and works with our partners to ensure we remain compliant now and in the future.
For further information regarding Prime Disaster Response Ltd and our commitment to GDPR, please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing GDPR in the subject field.